It’s been a month now since I stopped working at my old job. Finances are tight and soon we’ll be moving out of Oakland and in with the other half’s dad to save money on rent.
All in all, there’s been some painful personal growth, but things are still moving along and up.
- I’ve netted a handful of new freelance projects with more to come once these are complete.
- The other half has started a small production company with a couple friends and they’ve started to find some clients.
- During a visit to my parents in Washington, we scored some kitchen equipment for the gastropub the other half wants to open.
- I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to participate in the 100 Day Project. But instead of giving up, I keep jumping back in after I’ve missed a few days.
- Moving is giving me the opportunity to downsize my possessions, hopefully shedding my packrat tendencies along side.
- No matter what happens we still have our little family, fur-kid and all.